It’s inevitable that you’ll soon come face-to-face with the challenge of creating a running sheet… It’s often a daunting and tedious task, that leaves many in a stress frenzy as to whether or not they’ve planned every detail right. Luckily, we’ve got the tools and tips to support you!
To help couples cut down time and confusion, we’ve developed a templated running sheet for the wedding day. This is based on how we ran our own wedding, as well as the latest trends in the sequencing of events. Edit this run-sheet [dowloadable below] according to your preferences, or use it as a guide on how to plan out all the elements for your big day 🙂
Tips On Creating Your Ultimate Wedding Day Running Sheet…
1. Start developing your running sheet 2 months prior to the wedding day. Planning a wedding is stressful enough; there’s no need to pile on the additional last minute pressure!
2. Keep your suppliers and bridal party in the loop when creating your running sheet. Send a draft version to your suppliers and bridal party 3-4 weeks before the wedding, to account for any misjudgements in timing, or schedule changes.
3. Spread your speeches throughout the night. This is becoming the trend now, breaking the old-school 1-2 hour speech block…
4. Create a plan that ensures high energy is sustained throughout the day-so you’re not ending on a low. Spread-out any highlight events or “wow” factors throughout your celebration so momentum is sustained, and excitement builds for your fun night of partying!
5. Ensure there’s a little flex in your timings, as it’s inevitable that certain parts of the wedding will run over time. For example, the time guests arrive and are seated, or the time it will take for guests to receive their food…
6. Make sure someone (or some people) have been appointed to keep track of time on the day, to make sure all things are happening on schedule.
7. Ensure all suppliers sign-off on your updated and final running sheet, approximately one week prior to your wedding. This is usually when final payments with suppliers are also made.
8. Finally, your wedding is ultimately about you! Ensure you and your fiance have some down time to soak in the moment and enjoy each others company.
Hope this helps!